Thursday, September 11, 2008

Buying Flowers

As I mentioned before, Malachi and I love to go out to the Mennonite garden center, Pickett Run Farm. The owner, Chris, has seven children (I think), four of whom have really taken to Malachi and play with him every time we go out there. Now that school is back in session, only the youngest, Alaina, is left at home during the day. Alaina is about 6 months older than Malachi and they love chasing each other around the rows of flowers and terrorizing the pet kittens. This week when I was paying for my mums, I heard Alaina say Malachi's name and then rattle off a sentence in Pennsylvania Dutch, which is the language used in their home. The children generally don't know much English until they go to school. Malachi turned around and responded, "Goo-goo gaa-gaa!" I guess they'll figure out how to communicate one way or another!

4 comments:

hayleyash said...

Ahhh, the beauty of motherhood...decoding:)

Unknown said...

hey i finally found this thing! i've been looking for like two weeks (i broke down and asked my mom for the address).
the deck looks amazing! way to be a handy work couple.
isaac

JBarber1019 said...

I really enjoyed looking at your blog... it is really neat! So glad to hear that you are all doing so well... please pass my hello's on to the entire family. Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the story about Malachi and the little girl--I was laughing really hard. I'm glad you started a blog-It's been fun to read! -Heather