Saturday, November 8, 2008

Marathons of 2008

Last weekend was Erik's final marathon for 2008 and I just want to brag a little on his accomplishments. I'm really impressed by his dedication to and enthusiasm for his hobby. He even gave up Dr. Pepper, Taco Bell and Skittles in order to run better!

Erik's season kicked off in Indianapolis on May 3rd at the Indy Mini, a half marathon (13.1 miles). He finished in 1:27:54.

Just two weeks later, on May 18th, Erik ran the Cleveland Marathon and finished in 3:13:32. Thanks, Blake, for coming along to help cheer and keep me company while I waited for Erik to finish. Great job, Erik!!

Erik ran the Akron Marathon on September 27th and finished in 3:25:49. He even received a free pair of running shoes after completing this race!

His final marathon of the year was in Elyria, OH, (near Cleveland) on November 2nd. Erik finished in 3:26:33, which is a very good time...especially since he was sick all week and wasn't feeling completely up to par by race time! Thanks, Megan, for coming along to help cheer and take care of Malachi.

2 comments:

Martins said...

Erik: We are amazed by your determination. Way to go! We wish we could be there to cheer you on too! Camden says - "Go Erik".

Anonymous said...

I was inspired by Erik's dedication...

but I stand by my theory--running is stupid and any concept a 2 year old can't understand ("Why is daddy running? Where is he going?"), I have a problem with too.

I was happy to suppor the dream. Boston 2010! I will be the one at the finish line holding the CONGRATS sign.