Monday, September 14, 2009

Party!

Well, another party is in the books for the Lloyd girls! It seems like we can't go more than a couple weeks without a party to plan for and host - but it's just because we love it so much! This time Kelsey was the guest of honor as she prepares for her wedding in just two weeks.
Our tables were decorated with fresh-cut sunflowers courtesy of Aunt Tweed and Uncle Art - thanks! - and I got to try out a lot of new recipes. The Pesto Chicken Salad, Italian Herb Frittata and Almond Crumble Twist were my favorites from the selection.
Instead of having the typical bridal shower games, all of our guests were asked to come prepared to say something special to Kelsey as she opened their gift. It was so fun to hear the wonderful advice and funny memories people shared. I know you all made Kelsey feel as special as she is! The party was completed with a video made by Kelsey's college roommates and bridesmaids, Kate and Melissa.
A very special thank you goes out to Mom and Megan, who spent Friday evening in my kitchen with me and then came back early Saturday morning to finish all the preparations. I had a lot of fun! And a special congratulations goes out to Kels! We love you!

1 comment:

J, H, A, M and O said...

Looks like a great time. Sorry I missed it. Loved the table decor.