Wednesday, December 10, 2008

the BIG 3-0

Well, it's been here and gone. I am now officially 30 years (and a couple weeks) old. To tell the truth, I was really dreading this milestone, but it turned out to be a great day.

Becky helped me bake all morning and afternoon to get started on the 60 dozen cookies I needed for the store's Open House. To some that sounds like torture, but I really enjoyed being in the kitchen with her all day. Thanks, Becky!!

That night when I thought Erik was taking me out for a special date, I was surprised by about 35 of our family and friends at a party at my parents' house!

I had a great time and Erik, Meg, Kelsey and Mom did a great job planning the whole thing...and keeping it a surprise! Thanks so much for making my day very special and a lot of fun!

Thank you, everyone, who celebrated with me and also to Heather, Nathanael and Shannon and the Martins for sending videos to include in the video that my sisters put together for me.

1 comment:

J, H, A, M and O said...

Finally an update!!! Do you know that I check your blog daily? So glad you had a great party! I keep telling myself that I am only thirty in years not in body...try it. After a while you can convince yourself you aren't really thirty. In fact I told someone the other day I was 28 (my time goes quickly), and I really thought I was! Oh no...maybe my mind is going!