Friday, December 12, 2008

O Christmas Tree


This was the first year that Malachi was really able to participate in decorating the Christmas tree and he had so much fun! Erik and I just sat back and watched!

Of course, I did have to rearrange things a little after he went to bed! Notice the concentration of ornaments in the bottom right corner!

I also have to brag on our new stockings just a little. My mom knitted them especially for us and I love the way they turned out!

This year Malachi has his very own tree in his bedroom. We made ornaments using construction paper and markers. I figured they'd be a little safer behind closed doors...even though he has strict orders not to touch the tree!

The first night he had the tree, we left the lights on when we put him to bed at 9:00. When I went up to turn off the lights at 11:15 he was still awake, sitting in the middle of his bed, hugging one of his stuffed animals! He told me he was "just looking at the pretty Christmas tree!" None of his books or animals were disturbed! He just sat there for over 2 hours gazing at his tree!

1 comment:

Pa & T said...

Don't you wish we still had the wonder in us of just enjoying the beauty of a lit Christmas tree? Pa picked out those same jammies that Malachi is wearing for Sophie. He looks as great in them as she does! Merry Christmas to all! Jackie