Monday, December 17, 2012

Buddy the Elf

Just before Thanksgiving I was looking at some pictures of the popular Christmas tradition Elf on the Shelf. As I was looking at them I thought to myself how I was glad we hadn't bought into this tradition and how I hoped that noone would gift us an elf that I would then have to keep up with. Then the boys received an early Christmas gift. An Elf on the Shelf.
 
The boys named our elf Buddy (although Johnny Football, Manziel and Heisman were also possible name options) and I must admit it's been pretty fun having him around. For one thing, Malachi has recently been questioning the reality of Santa Claus, mainly because he just doesn't think it's possible for one person to do all Santa does in one night. But Buddy stumps him. He is so excited each morning to show us what Buddy has gotten into over night! Thanks to friends who also have elves at their houses and Pinterest it's been pretty easy coming up with fun and creative things for Buddy to do each night too. And tomorrow I'll share my favorite thing about having Buddy around, but for now here are some pictures of all Buddy's shenanigans so far:





No comments: