Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving break started a day early with our first snow day of the school year. We spent the day cleaning and preparing for some special visitors, Yaya and 'Buelo. Part of the preparations included taking down the crib and rearranging the boys' rooms. Jonas and Elliott will now be together in one room and Malachi has moved to the other, which will double as our guest room when we have visitors. It was bittersweet to see this chapter of our lives closing and I'll probably shed a tear or two when we get rid of the furniture completely.
 Thanksgiving morning started with our favorite 5k of the year, the Chillicothe Turkey Trot. Erik had some great running partners and finished 4th, winning a pie for our dinner that evening. I beat my goal of running in the 28 minute mark with a time of 28:25, a whole minute faster than last year! I didn't take many pictures the rest of the weekend. I guess we were too busy having fun, eating, baking, shopping, etc. My sisters, mom and I did make our annual midnight shopping trip which was lots of fun but I think I'm still trying to catch up on my missed sleep! We loved having Kevin and Becky with us and we sent Elliott back to Tennessee with them for the week.





No comments: