Thursday, June 25, 2009

Malachi's Summer...so far!

Malachi has been having a pretty fun summer so far, and I thought I should let everyone know what he's been up to lately.
T-Ball. He's had fun being on the team and has definitely improved over the last two months. He also really likes the snacks after each game!
Running with Dad. He likes to challenge Erik to races to "see who's faster." They even ran together from our house to Grammy Jane's last week (about 1/4 mile).

Learning his letters. He's known his alphabet for a long time now, and we had been working on the letter sounds when a friend suggested the Leap Frog video The Letter Factory. I think he's slightly addicted to it, but I must admit that he knows how to write each letter and what sound each makes. He can even sound out and spell simple words! The other day he was in his room "working" on his "spells" - that's what he calls words - and yelled for me to come see. He had used this puzzle lid to recreate the words "moms" and "babies" on his wall!
Up next - swimming lessons. He loves being in the pool so hopefully he'll enjoy learning to swim without flotation devices. I'll post pictures when he begins!

No comments: