Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Erik's running...

...for school board!

During one of the first conversations I ever had with Erik he told me that someday he'd like to hold an elected public office. Well, that time may come pretty soon - he has decided to run for a spot on the Paint Valley School Board!
We normally like to spend his day off doing something together as a family, and today was no different. We spent the entire afternoon outside painting campaign signs that will be put up in Bainbridge, Bourneville and outside Chillicothe (at the edge of the district). Election day is only about a week and a half away, but better late than never, right?



The first week of November could potentially be a very exciting week for him. Here's the schedule:

Saturday, October 31st - Boys' cross country regional meet, top 4 teams and top 16 individuals advance to state
Monday, November 2nd - Baby Allsop's due date
Tuesday, November 3rd - Election day, vote for Erik!!
Saturday, November 7th - Boys' cross country state meet

I suggested putting "Erik Allsop RUNNING for P.V. School Board" on his signs since everyone around knows him as "that guy who runs a lot," but that was a little too cheesy for his taste!

4 comments:

Megan Lloyd said...

I can't believe you are 9 months pregnant, bent over, painting a sign!

Good luck, Erik. I hope you win!! Then you will have to worry about breaking Iris Ward's record.

Personally, I like the slogan of Erik is RUNNING for school board. It might be cheesy but it is memorable!

Blake, Kimberly, Adeline, and Oliver said...

I surely hope that paint was low VOC. Wouldn't want that baby coming out with three arms or anything.

J, H, A, M and O said...

I second Megan's comment. That was exactly what was going through my mind as I saw that pic.

Good luck Erik (on all accounts).

Pa & T said...

Ditto for me too-running for school board would have been perfect. Good luck Erik and to you too Erin on your upcoming delivery. I hope it comes soon!