Tuesday, January 11, 2011

To Walk or Not To Walk?

I don't really think Elliott could care less about this question. He began taking a few steps about 4 weeks ago, but crawling is still his preferred mode of transportation. I'm pretty sure he just can't move quickly enough on his feet yet! Over the last few days I've caught him standing up in the middle of the floor and taking a few steps, but each time he sits down and crawls as soon as anyone acknowledges his walking. It excites me each time I see him taking a step on his own but then I realize that life is going to get a lot more difficult (at least for a while until we adapt) when he's walking full time!

And because I haven't been able to get a good video of him walking, I thought I'd share his latest technique - the bear crawl. It's really funny when he gets going fast...he usually ends of nose-diving!

2 comments:

Pa & T said...

I don't know if it was his expressions or what, but watching that video, I thought I was back in 1979 watching Erin learning to walk. First time I have seen Erin in him, but she is definitely there!!!

Sharp Family said...

he is so tall! nice bear crawl!! your boys are so sweet! what big blessings!